Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Squid Fork

A couple of years ago I bought myself a really cheep wood burning kit at Michael's hoping to make stuff in the vein of the beautiful sticks furniture I had seen at a couple of different art galleries and fell in love with. I tried a couple of things that didn't really turn out and then put it away and never really thought about it much. I was looking at craftster the other day though and saw this post by Annie-bleam of some really cool looking wood plaques, including one of a raven, she had wood burnt and then painted with acrylics. When I was at Ikea the other day I noticed these really plain sets of wood utensils and thought they would be the perfect useful but cheep thing to try wood burning on.



Here is my first result, a squid pasta fork. I still need to draw designs to fit on the spoon and that thing with the holes in it. I have no clue what that is called or what it's for.

1 comment:

none said...

adorable blog, and i love your squid fork!! thanks for dropping by!
danikjohnson.wordpress.com