Thursday, January 24, 2008

Aprons



I've been making a lot of these aprons lately. I finally worked out a design that is fairly simple and easy to recreate but well made and I think really cute. I like that I can combine my screen printing and sewing and also use up my ridiculous stash of tenugui dish towels from the Marukai 98 cent store. Each apron uses exactly one tenugui for the pocket and the ties.



On the etsy storque page they have had a series of articles lately about improving your etsy shop. I've been trying to think of ways to make it look more visually consistent. I think one thing that would help is to sell the same item with different designs as well as different items with the same design. By this I mean I would sell say just aprons, t-shirts and bags each with either an octopus, blowfish or snails. That probably won't happen though, I'd get bored making the same things over and over.








1 comment:

erin taylor designs said...

I love your aprons on here- the screen print really compliments the print on the dishtowels!

erin