Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wedding Sigage


Wedding Sigage, originally uploaded by krakencrafts.

I had been collecting random pieces of scrap wood for making wedding directional signs for a while. I love the look of wood signs in all the beautiful wedding blog photos, but logistically it started to not make that much sense. Was I going to nail these signs to telephone poles in town? How was I going to cut the wood for these signs? The only saw we have is a hand saw.

Then I saw these really cute, non-wedding, directional signs on flickr and thought cardboard can be really attractive and is so much easier to cut into cute shapes than wood. So I made these direction signs and shuttle bus and shuttle bus stop signs for our rehearsal dinner. And I am pretty happy with how they turned out.

I did make this one wood sign for the front of our reception venue from salvaged wood and a salvaged door hinge.

Wedding Sigage

2 comments:

Park Street said...

I love it. You're so clever! I want to hire you on to direct our guests to our wedding party. :P

My Owl Barn said...

I found your blog via your Flickr photo gallery. I came across your photos you took at the estate sale of owl collection and featured it on my blog here http://www.myowlbarn.com/2010/08/i-may-have-found-my-twin.html. Do you by chance have that lady's contact information or way of getting mine to her? I'd love to know more about collection :)