Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Moth and Stars Bag

I haven't posted anything that I've made in a while but I've still been making stuff constantly. I made this bag last night. It's the first time that I made a bag pleated that wasn't a wristlet. I think it turned out pretty good.



I decided that by making my screen prints into pockets in contrasting colors I could use patterned fabric for the outside of the bag not just the inside. It makes it more interesting looking I think than just having a solid fabric with one screen print in the corner for the whole outside of the bag.



I don't know what else to say about it. I really love this traditional Japanese star patterned fabric. I was walking around my apartment last night holding it up in the mirror trying to think of something to do with it. I think I might make some sort of clothing item for myself with the rest of it. It's just such a pretty indigo color.








No comments: