Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hedgehogs!




I'm obsessed with this bag that I made. My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy because I keep saying "hedgehogs" at completely random times. I just think the fabric is so cute and that the bag turned out really well. The fabric is this kind of thick off white twill with little hedgehogs and trees and strangely crowns printed on it in brown. I bought it online and spent way too much on it plus the shipping. But it is so worth it. I think it is imported from Japan. Japan has such cute fabrics. I wish I could take a vacation there just so I could go to Japanese fabric stores.
Anyway. The bag is pleated in the front and the back and lined with brown fabric that matches the hedgehogs. I ran out of pearl snaps but I still had non-decorative snaps so I sewed a shell button from my grandma's button box on top of the snap. I'm still afraid of the one step button holer on my sewing machine so I like the idea of having the look of a button but the ease of installing a snap.
I think I like this bag so much that I don't want to sell it. I'll probably make more and post them on etsy at some point.

No comments: