Thursday, December 20, 2007

Paper Gnome Chains

The other day at work I was admiring the cut paper designs on angry chicken’s blog and fell in love with this paper Christmas tree on the small object’s blog. I had been seeing a lot of paper cutting recently and decided that I needed to try it. I was in the office however with no exacto knife and not quite ready for such intricate things anyway. I started out slow with paper show flakes. These then progressed to paper doll chains, a somewhat failed attempt at a paper camel chain and my favorite, paper gnome chains. These are now covering our one tiny office window, that actually looks out into a hallway and not outside.



I liked the paper gnome chains so much I made more at home. Here is a garland strung over the mirror in the living room.



I think these are the last Christmas decorations I will be putting up. Christmas is in less than a week and we are leaving on Sunday to go back to Portland so it would be pretty silly to make anything else.



Speaking of paper cutting, I went to Giant Robot 2 on Sawtelle yesterday and saw the Jill Bliss and Saelle Oh collaboration, Hidden Habitats. I have always loved Jill Bliss’s work. She is one of the people in this new craft movement that I think has combined art and craft as well as business really really well. I had seen Saelee Oh’s work online before but in person the paper cutting stuff is just incredible. Anyway, it is a really cool exhibit that and it is running until January 9th. So if you live in LA you should definitely check it out.

1 comment:

rustic said...

Rustic Living Room Furniture sets augment the overall beauty of any room. With various room decoration items and gadgets flooding the market, it may sometimes be very confusing as what furniture’s to select for your living rooms - furniture’s which suit your tastes, match your room's environment and of course meet your budget! However, rustic furniture sets have an all-time appeal because of their simple yet versatile designs and light-weight (can easily be shifted from one room to other). http://rustic-living-room-furniture.blogspot.com