Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mushroom Pincushion

This is really not a good picture, it was way too dark in my room when I took it but I freaking love this pincushion that I made. I made one for the mushroom swap but I liked it so much I made one for myself. This time I weighted the stem with a rock so it can stand up on it's own. This random red polka-dot fabric was perfect for the mushroom cap. I just cut out a big circle and sewed, I guess it's called a slip stitch, around the outside and drew it together. Then I sewed it onto a base I made out of felt with a little green felt grass on the bottom. The gathering at the bottom of the cap just looks so much like gills. I think I will make more to sell on etsy since it was so easy. I'll get something better to weight the bottoms down with. The rock I used I think is still a little bit too light. It keeps tipping over.

No comments: