Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Huppah


Our Huppah, originally uploaded by krakencrafts.

Our huppah was built from branches Nate, my mom and I collected from the backyard of my childhood home in Portland when we were visiting last December, random batik fabric from the thrift store I fashioned into a square and hammered grommets into, wood boxes Nate and I built from wood the kid at Home Depot cut into not quite the right sizes, and cement Nate's brother and sister-in-law (I guess my brother-in-law and sister-in-law now) helped us pour on our wedding day. You may also notice a drill bit sticking out of one of the branches that Nate was unable to remove after trying to drill holes for the hooks for the canopy.

I think it turned out pretty great. Too bad my mom hauled off the branches and boxes to the dump after the wedding. I still have the canopy though and I'm sure I will come up with some project to use it for at some point. I also enjoy the random sun bathers in the background.

No comments: